Annie Cast Behavior & Attendance Contract
Dear Students and Parents of the Annie Casts,
We are thrilled to be working together on the first ever LPA Elementary School Musical! Helping LPA fulfill its role as an amazing school of choice with an emphasis in fine arts is something we are truly PASSIONATE about. We have seen the impact that drama and music can have in students’ lives and it is our sincere hope that the students who have joined our Annie casts will have a wonderful experience! J
Because we have a great deal to accomplish in a relatively short period of time, POSITIVE STUDENT BEHAVIOR IS ESSENTIAL TO MAINTAINING A PLACE IN THESE CASTS! We have very high expectations for our students and because this is an “after school extracurricular” activity, we do not have the same time and resources to work through incidents of misbehavior and/or tardiness and absence as we would during school hours. We will be VERY strict in enforcing this behavior/attendance policy:
1. Students will show respect toward one another, directors, choreographers, and ALL volunteers at ALL times
2. Students will follow directions the first time they are asked
3. Students will stay in the rehearsal area unless specifically given permission to leave (restroom, drink, etc.)
The first time a student chooses not to follow these rules, a note will be sent home with that student along with a phone call to the parents explaining what happened. This is the FIRST AND ONLY WARNING.
The second time a student chooses not to follow these rules, he/she will be dismissed from the show.
1. Any conflicts with the rehearsal and performance dates need to be submitted in writing (email or note to directors) for approval within one week of the rehearsal schedule being announced
2. Two unexcused absences will result in removal from the show
3. Absences due to illness will require a doctor’s note
4. Rehearsals will start promptly at 3:15. If a student arrives at 3:17, he/she is considered late. Two tardies = one absence.
Late Pick-up Policy:
1. Rehearsal ends promptly at 4:45 and parents should be waiting in front of the school to pick up students
2. All students MUST be picked up by 5:00 at the latest! For legal reasons we are unable to give students rides. PLEASE be courteous to those who are volunteering their time for your students and arrive on time for them
3. Students who are not picked up by 5:00 will be charged a $1.00 a minute child care fee.
4. Child care fee must be paid by the following week’s rehearsal for student to continue participating
Although ANNIE is extracurricular, your grades and completion of your homework are very important to Mrs. Watts and Miss Jules. Annie rehearsals are every Thursday from 3:15-4:45 which equals 90 minutes per week until the week before our show opens. Students should NEVER use ANNIE rehearsal as an excuse for late/unfinished homework or failure to study for tests… especially on Friday. Students will be home by 5:00 which leaves plenty of time to finish homework and study for tests. If your homeroom teacher sees that you are struggling with completing work on Fridays, there may be consequences related to the musical. We do not want to have consequences regarding this issue and expect students to do their best!
Thanks everyone for your wonderful auditions and being a part of our Annie casts! We can’t wait to work with you. J
We have read the policies on the attached Cast Behavior and Attendance Contract and agree to meet ALL of these requirements. I understand that if I/my child do/does not meet the requirements for attendance and/or behavior, he/she will be dismissed from this production. I also agree to the terms of the Late Pick-up Policy.
X __________________________ __________________________ (parent print & sign)
X __________________________ __________________________ (student print & sign)